The UK Business Awards trophies are affectionately called “The Dons” – a fitting tribute to our Chairman, Don Hales.
Don Hales has been a prominent figure in the Awards industry for the last two decades. He has founded many of the UK’s most respected business Awards.
Don’s Awards career began when he was Deputy Managing Director of Quest Media. In this role he launched the National Sales Awards (1997) and the National Customer Service Awards (2000), now known as the Lloyds National Business Awards. Don also launched the European Business Awards, making Quest Media one of Europe’s leading Awards companies. After United Business Media purchase of several of Quest Media products in 2007, Don remained associated with the Awards.
In 2007 Don formed the Customer Service Training Network and helped launch Awards International as Chairman. Today Awards International runs a wide programme of Awards events and associated conferences.
Counting all the Awards that Don has been connected with and the number of years involved with each, he can claim over 200 years of Awards experience and is still counting!
Before working with Quest Media, Don enjoyed a long and successful first career in financial services, during which time he was also managing director and co-founder of Sun Life Unit Services.
DON HALES’ AWARDS PROGRAMMES
Don’s involvement in various awards was either as founder, chair or consultant.
- American Sales & Marketing Awards (in association with the USA Institute of Sales & Marketing Management)
- British Computer Society IT Professional Awards
- Customer Service Awards, Ireland
- Customer Service Training Awards
- European Business Awards
- European Call Centre & Customer Service Awards
- ICS Customer Service Awards
- Marketing & Sales Awards, Ireland
- Marketing Excellence Awards (in association with the C.I.M.)
- National Business Awards
- National Customer Service Awards
- National Sales Awards
- Patient Experience Awards
- Polish National Sales Awards
- Purple Apple Awards (British Council of Shopping Centres marketing awards)
- Scottish Business Awards
- Technology for Marketing & Advertising Awards
- The Peer Awards
- The Wow! Awards
- Theme Park Awards
- UK Customer Service Awards